The 2013 Somersham Carnival Week begins this Saturday (15th) and runs through until next Sunday (23rd), but what’s on?
We have a full and varied programme this year, with the underlying theme of ‘Beside the Seaside’.
- Download the Full 2013 Somersham Carnival Programme (PDF, 4.8Mb)
Here’s what’s scheduled throughout the week*.
During Carnival Week (15th-23rd June)
- 15th June – Community Beach Games
- 15th June – Carnival Quiz
- 16th June – Novelty Dog Show
- 16th June – Country Craft Competition
- 16th June – Crowning of the Carnival Princess
- 16th June – A Family Carnival Service
- 18th June – Car Treasure Hunt
- 19th June – A Trip To The Seaside – Sixty Years Seaside Special with Dews Coaches
- 20th June – Carnival Youth Concert
- 22nd June – Video Games Arcade and Tournament
- 22nd June – Seaside Rock
- 23rd June – Family Cycle Ride
- 23rd June – Senior Pool Competition
- 23rd June – 5-a-side Football Tournament
On Carnival Day (22nd June)
9am: Stalls start to set up on the Norwood Playing Field
11.45am: Procession assembles on The Trundle. Walkers at the Millennium Pavilion Gate (all welcome but children must be accompanied by a responsible adult). Floats at the north end of The Trundle. Vintage vehicles at the Millennium Pavilion car park (please go via Feoffees Road).
12 noon: Judging for Best Decorated Float (Club/Pub, school, and independent), and Best Walking Group.
12 noon: Stalls open. Beach Bar Beer Tent opens.
12.15pm: Procession starts from The Trundle
12.30pm: St Ives Rhythm & Blues Band begin (in the Busker’s Marquee).
12.30pm: Video Games Tournament starts. Video Games Arcade opens (in the Scout Hut).
1pm: Pidley Male Voice Choir begin (next to the Pimms Tent!)
1pm: Somersham Town Band begin (in Victory Hall Garden)
1.30pm: Fancy Dress Competition in the theme ‘Beside the Seaside’ (in the Arena).
1.45pm: Stella Hensley & Chris Newman (on the Music Stage)
2pm: Punch & Judy Show (in the Arena)
2pm: Baby Competition (under 12mths – with a parent!) (in the Arena)
2.30pm: Somersham Singers (in Victory Hall Garden)
2.30pm: Charity Haircut
2.45pm: Greyhound Friends (in the Arena)
3pm: Punch & Judy Show (in the Arena)
3pm: Dark Surrender (on the Music Stage)
4pm: Punch & Judy Show (in the Arena)
4.15pm: Tug-of-War Contest (in the Arena). Teams should register beforehand at the Information Tent.
4.30pm: Grand Prize Draw
7.30pm: Seaside Rock Concert with licensed bar (in Victory Hall)
Teas in Victory Hall kindly provided by Hope & Aid Direct.
Train rides will take place all around the field throughout the afternoon.*Although we’ll aim to stick to this schedule, the Carnival Committee reserve the right to make amendments where required.