10. Homebrew (class may be divided if sufficient entries)
11. Three Identical Roses (home grown)
12. Tropical display
13. Fragrant posy
14. Grow your own cress in a Quirky Commonwealth Container (under 16s only)
15. Commonwealth Collage
16. Commonwealth themed piece of Art
17. Tribal Headdress or Mask
18. Doll in Handmade National Dress
19. Photograph: Local Architecture
20. Open Class
D: Children (under 16s)
21. Colouring 3-6yrs (picture in programme)
22. Colouring 7-11yrs (picture in programme)
23. Aboriginal painting (any medium)
24. Tin Foil Crown with Jewels
25. Handmade piece of Jewellery
26. Handmade Flag
27. Commonwealth Games Poem
28. Photograph – Fruit Theme
29. Open Class.
Registration of entries takes place between 9:30 and 11:30am on 15th June.
Adult entry fee is 50p per item, and the Child entry fee is 25p per item. You can enter more than one item per category, and you’re welcome to provide a short description of your entry.
Entries to all categories should be recently made items at home or at school/clubs, and not have previously been exhibited at the Carnival. Entry forms can be obtained from the Library, and we’d be grateful if you could complete these before arriving.
Viewing of Exhibits opens at 2pm, with the presentation of prizes at 3:30pm. Door fee is 50p per adult, 25p per child.
Refreshments are kindly provided by Parkhall Playgroup between 2-4pm.
Thirty-one Country Craft categories have now been announced – giving you plenty of time to start getting creative across cookery, handicraft and floral crafts, as well as categories for the under 16’s.
The Country Craft event will take place at The Village Hall, Somersham on Sunday 17th June.
You should bring your entry (or entries) and completed registration form to the Village Hall from 9:30-11:30 on 17th June. Entry forms can be obtained from Somersham Library. There is a small entry of 50p for adults, 25p for children per item.
Viewing and Prizes
Public viewing starts at 2pm. This is then followed by a presentation of prizes for each category from 3:30pm – including photographs of each winner.
The judges are independent of the Carnival Committee. There is a door fee of 50p (adult), 25p (children), and the under 3yrs go free.