The categories for this year’s Country Craft Competition have been announced – and they have a Commonwealth themed twist.
Can your chutney woo the judges? Are you a photography aficionado? Are your Roses worthy of a medal? And will your Tin Foil Crown with Jewels look like something from a Tiffany and Co. collection?
Well, now’s the time to start planning what you’ll be making for this year’s Country Craft Competition, which will take place on Sunday 15th June 2014, at The Victory Hall, Somersham.
Here’s this year’s categories:
- 1. Any Flatbread
- 2. Commonwealth Curry
- 3. Jar of Chutney/Pickles/Sauce
- 4. Jar of Jam/Marmalade/Curds
- 5. Chocolate Cake (3 eggs, 7″ tin)
- 6. Five flag decorated cup cakes (under 16s only)
- 7. Commonwealth decorated Gingerbread (under 16s only) – download a Gingerbread recipe (PDF/54Kb)
- 8. Flapjack
- 9. Fruit Dessert
- 10. Homebrew (class may be divided if sufficient entries)
- 11. Three Identical Roses (home grown)
- 12. Tropical display
- 13. Fragrant posy
- 14. Grow your own cress in a Quirky Commonwealth Container (under 16s only)
- 15. Commonwealth Collage
- 16. Commonwealth themed piece of Art
- 17. Tribal Headdress or Mask
- 18. Doll in Handmade National Dress
- 19. Photograph: Local Architecture
- 20. Open Class
D: Children (under 16s)
- 21. Colouring 3-6yrs (picture in programme)
- 22. Colouring 7-11yrs (picture in programme)
- 23. Aboriginal painting (any medium)
- 24. Tin Foil Crown with Jewels
- 25. Handmade piece of Jewellery
- 26. Handmade Flag
- 27. Commonwealth Games Poem
- 28. Photograph – Fruit Theme
- 29. Open Class.
Registration of entries takes place between 9:30 and 11:30am on 15th June.
Adult entry fee is 50p per item, and the Child entry fee is 25p per item. You can enter more than one item per category, and you’re welcome to provide a short description of your entry.
Entries to all categories should be recently made items at home or at school/clubs, and not have previously been exhibited at the Carnival. Entry forms can be obtained from the Library, and we’d be grateful if you could complete these before arriving.
Viewing of Exhibits opens at 2pm, with the presentation of prizes at 3:30pm. Door fee is 50p per adult, 25p per child.
Refreshments are kindly provided by Parkhall Playgroup between 2-4pm.
The Country Craft Competition Judges are independent of the Carnival Committee.